OK Here we go...

I feel like I need to catch up on EVERYTHING! First thing, we moved to Belvidere November 14th. It was everything I expected-- stressful and really tiring. So glad that is over! Here is our new place...








We really love it and appreciate living closer to work and shopping (especially a gas station!). We also had to replace our Tahoe the same week. We ended up with a Chevy Equinox and have been happy with it so far.

Also on November 14th my sweet niece Kelsey got married in Vancouver Washington. So we had to miss it-- I am still bummed about that!! She was a beautiful bride and everything was perfect(so they tell me). Here she is on the big day with her husband Jeremy...




Oh and the SAME week Mallory had dance camp at Belvidere North High School. As always she had a great time!

She is in the last row on the right.
























Busiest week of my life!!

We celebrated Jesse Clyde's 35th birthday the next week at JMK Nippon's...


Then came Thanksgiving. We got together with the Weber's down at the lake. It was alot of fun! Here are a few pictures from the day-- we did our annual tree hunt and gingerbread house contest too. Of course!































December
started off just as busy as November ended! We went to hometown Christmas downtown Belvidere with friends. It was alot of fun!







We got a bunch of snow (and even a snow day!)























And we kept unpacking. It was tedious but felt good to get it done. Then we got the news that there was room for Max and Mallory at the elementary school you can see out our back door. We were a little sad that they would have to leave all of their friends and teachers but relieved that they wouldn't have to catch the bus at 6:54am anymore (elementary starts at 7:35am here!!). Now we can all sleep in a little longer. This mommy is happy about that! So after winter break they will be in a new school.

Oh, so back to December happenings-- we had all of the kids concert's, ornament exchanges and holiday party's at school. I was able to help and as always had a great time being 'Max's Mom' and 'Mallory's Mom' :) Then the end of school came. Max and Mal said goodbye to all of their friends and teachers. They both have mixed feelings about going somewhere new but I know they will do great!





































Then Jess was able to go to a Bulls game with friends from work. They were in a sky box with free food and unlimited Dr. Pepper. He loved every minute of it!












And I became a great aunt! Kelsey gave birth to Sicilly Lynn on December 17th. Isn't she perfect?! I still can't believe my sister is a grandma!





Somewhere in there Jess, Grandpa and I took the kids to the mall to see Santa (just cause it's cute and something we do every year). It is a tradition that probably won't last too much longer though. They are growing up so fast!






















And it kept right on snowing... so much so that we thought the annual Christmas Eve party with Jesse's family would have to be cancelled again. But it wasn't and we all had a great time playing bingo and eating yummy food.










Christmas morning was alot of fun too. Grandma and Grandpa came over for presents and breakfast.











Then we headed down to the lake for Christmas dinner with my family-- despite the icy roads. By the way, Jess is an awesome driver!! We saw cars in ditches all over the place (I was pretty freaked) but he never let it phase him.



























For the first time ever I am not ready for the holiday's to be over. I loved the giving spirit everyone was feeling, spending time with my family and eating way more food than I thought possible. I haven't even taken the tree down- which is unheard of for me! I usually have it down by the 26th. So I think I am going to hold on to Christmas for a little while longer. I am sick of life wizzing by. So if you need me I will be hanging out by the tree singing Christmas carols. OK

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the update! I was wondering how you were!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys sooooo much! :-( It is great to see all the holiday happenings that went on at your house. Sorry we didn't get Alli and the kids together for one last hurrah. I was busy, stressed, anxious, depressed...but that is still no excuse. You have been a great friend and I will miss your family a ton. Have a happy new year!

Allison said...

Courtney- Yup, still here and doing good :) Sorry no Christmas card this year. Next year I will have it together (I hope!)

Rach- We miss you guys too and hope you are wonderful! I totally understand about not getting to hanging out one more time- sometimes what we WANT to do and what we actually GET to do are two different things. Reality sucks! But we will always have the blogs right? :)

Brooke said...

You have been busy! I am glad you had such a great holiday. We'll have to trade the kids again soon. That was fun.

Audra said...

Great to hear an update. You have such an adorable family. Please accept my condolences and pass them on to everyone, especially Sandy.