Can I write this without crying?? I guess I'll find out...

Max and Mallory started Kindergarten today. It was a bitter sweet moment for me to watch them wave goodbye and get on the bus. They are such a joy in my life. I am grateful for Max's joyful spirit-- always ready to make a game out of anything. He is always there to give me a hug & kiss and tell me he loves me. I am grateful for Mallory's sweet spirit-- always telling me how much she loves me and that she will never move away. Her giggle makes me laugh and her kindness to others makes me feel proud to be her mother.
Everyone keeps telling me that time will 'fly' now that they are in school. It makes me feel like swatting that fly! and forcing them stay little forever. But that isn't Heavenly Father's plan. They need to grow, learn from experience. That's what I want for them too. I hope Jess and I taught them enough good sense to not talk to strangers, to stay away from bullies and to mind their P's & Q's.
These two aren't babies anymore but they will always be my sweet little babies.


Here they are in May 2004. When I took this picture I wasn't thinking about them turning 5 and going to kindergarten. I was thinking about what a miracle they were.















And now 5 years later here we are. I love these two so much!




















Sorry for the cheesy-ness of this post. You've got to indulge this mommy though... just this once. And YES I am crying.

9 comments:

Andi and Jimmy said...

that is so sad! :( ... you aren't going to know what to do with yourself all day! you could always make some new babies! jk

Unknown said...

You have the right to cry! Their time before they leave the nest it so precious!

Oh my gosh, out of my TV, the song "I'll be your candle on the water" just floated out as I am typing this... that song ALWAYS makes me think of you! Now I'm teary!

Dalynne Denhof said...

Wow, 5 years does go by fast! they are such cute kiddos! It's definitely a bitter sweet time. But life is all about change, whether we like it or not :) Whitney is getting baptized in 3 weeks, and that makes me really sad/happy!

Beth said...

You have ME crying! I loved your post Allison. Thanks for sharing with us another "first" of the twins. I love hearing about everything, because it makes me feel closer to you guys. Love you♥

Allison said...

Thanks for all of your kind words guys. I got through the day... barely ;)
Andi- I got so much done today! But there is only so much cleaning you can do. I figure my house should be spotless by the end of next week :)

Courtney- I still love that song!

Daylynn- I cannot believe Whitney is getting baptized either!

And Beth- we love you too!

Jamie Jefferies said...

Allison - that is the sweetest thing I have ever read! How I love those two - they make me so happy just thinking about them! You're such a good mom - and I'm so excited for you guys and all the adventures to come!! Love you!

Lindi said...

Ah, Allison - it's so hard to see our kids grow up - but it's fun too. This is just the beginning of seeing what kind of amazing people your kids will become.
I always knew you would be such an incredible mother - I remember how kind and loving you always were with my children. And now your own children are blessed with that love! :)

karenjbriggs said...

I love seeing all their updates:) They sure have grown up fast! You'll have so much fun seeing how fast they learn and grow.

Brooke said...

I just cried so much when I left Tessa last year. It surely does do something to a mom's heart. I hope they have a great year.