
I thought "how hard could it be?" So I uploaded my pictures, got me some glitter and glue and went to it. The result- A MESS!! But it was a valid effort. I had little hands to help and this is what we created...
Unfortunately all of these pictures were taken with my cell phone- the camera vanished just when I needed it! So typical.
We tried to keep glitter off her face, flower and hoodie but it was tricky.

Then I painted a canvas light green. When that dried we added some sloppy blue and then glittered the edges.

After it was mounted Mal and I decided it needed something more.

Max found us this ribbon. It is a little much for me but he insisted. (and who am I to squash the boys creativity?) I mod podged over ALL of it since I knew little fingers would try picking at the glitter. It wasn't the greatest idea since that just spread the glitter where it wasn't supposed to be. But I was able to wipe most of it off and it dried nice and shiny.

Here is the finished product that is now hanging proudly in Mallory's room.

This was a really fun activity to do with my kids. It was also great to make a picture that invokes such good memories into art. Thanks for the challenge Courtney!


1 comment:
That is SUPER cute! I saw this on the site and wanted to try it! Next time, the challenge will have more time allotted :) Thanks for playing!!!
Post a Comment