Can you say PMS? It was one of those days for me... feeling lazy & short tempered and all I wanted was Hershey's chocolate syrup- on anything. I don't discriminate. So my Saturday was a total wash. After we ran errands this morning I hibernated in my room while the kiddo's had free reign over the house. After I put them to bed I went downstairs to survey the damage. It's not pretty. The hot dogs and spaghetti-o's they had for dinner are all over the counter tops. The toy room looks like a cyclone went through it. And all of my folded clean laundry that was on the couch is all over the floor. But all I can do is laugh. I totally deserve this. But what stinks is that I know my bad behavior will cause us to be late for church tomorrow. Nothing is ironed. The kids never got their bath. I don't know if I will even be able to find their shoes. On the subject of shoes- does any other mom out there feel like there is a secret back hole in your house somewhere that shoes magically disappear into? And then when you finally give up hope and just go buy the kid a new pair, it is magically found? Ya, me too.

Anyway, so I will either be up all night sifting through the rubble or I will have one more bowl of Hershey's chocolate syrup and a little bit of vanilla ice cream to go with it. The jury is still out.

4 comments:

Garner Family said...

I totally know where you are coming from! But you know what things will work out, you may be late for church but once you are there every other worry will go away. I hope you are feeling better today!

Beth said...

Had sooooo many days like yours Allison. I know it's little consolation when your the one picking up the mess! You're an awesome Mom and life goes on one way or the other, so hang in there sis and remember I feel your pain : )

Andi and Jimmy said...

hey al, the 10th of april would be fine if you want to plan something then. yeah we had some major ice up here saturday night. a free skip church day is always nice though! there was something else.........oh, the nutrition thing. yeah i have no problem giving you some food pointers. usually the most valuable info for ppl is for me just to see what's in their cupboards and what they usually plan for meals and i can just add a few pointers or replace items with something comparable that's more healthy. food advertising and labeling can be really deceiving, so i know it's hard for most ppl to really know what is best and what's just okay. but with some basic food label knowledge i can set you on a pretty good track. talk to later :)

Audra said...

You must have the same shoe elf as us. His favorite time to strike is before church on Sunday when we're late and I have to be early to play the organ :)
We all need to take a day once in a while to stop and then we can deal with the consequences later (as long as it doesn't involve a trip to the ER). Chocolate is the best appetizer for one of these days.
By the way, I love Celtic Women and can only imagine how beautiful the music is live. I always cry when it comes on PBS and love to listen to my CD's when I'm in "one of those moods". I'm glad you got to meet them. My only question is if Jesse is better than most men and if he appreciated the concert?